Tuesday, September 20, 2005

It's true.. We are all evil.

Yesterday was rehearsal day - three camera shows rehearse and light for the first part of the week, and shoot Fridays in front of a live audience.

One of the guys has his grandma in town from the midwest, and he brought her to the set yesterday - just so she could see what a TV set looks like.

The scene being rehearsed yesterday was one in which the lead actor repeatedly uses the word "cunt". I think he said it at least 30 times, as they kept running that scene over and over.

Did I mention that his grandma is the religious type?

He said he warned her that it was an HBO sitcom, so there might be some bad language, but still - of all the scenes they could have been running they chose the 'cunt' scene.

Grandma left pretty quickly.

5 comments:

Nate said...

Reminds me of the time my in-laws were in town and we happened to have Netflixed Kinsey. We should have kept it for another day.

writergurl said...

Good thing my Grandma's gone. It's even better that she's never made it anywhere near Hollywood and that kinda language.

Somebody would have gotten smacked with her pocketbook.

Yes, she'd smack me if she were still around to read my blog. (insert evil grin here.)

God, I miss her.

Peggy Archer said...

I have a mental picture now of gran clambering down off the bleachers, charging into the set and beating the living hell out of the lead actor while telling him to watch his potty mouth.

I'll giggle for the rest of the day about that one!

writergurl said...

Don't forget the blue hair.

Yes, it was blue. Some kind of rinse that she did...

Peggy Archer said...

My gran had the blue hair, too.

Ensie - I just admire your ability to sit through Kinsey. That movie put me to sleep quick.