Tuesday, October 25, 2005

This is the best I can do before I've had coffee.

Normally, when I need work, I have to get on the phone - calling everyone I know and asking if they're working and need guys.

When it's busy (like now), I don't have to work that hard; all I have to do is call our union, register as out of work and I'll be sent out on a call within a few hours.

This won't last, so I'm taking advantage of it while I still can.

Today, I'm off to NCIS (I have zero idea what that is) which shoots in Santa Clarita. Santa Clarita is a suburb about 30 miles north of L.A, and there's only one way in and out - Interstate 5.

I have a 10 am call, and I'm going to have to leave in about 10 minutes in order to make it by 9:30.
(generally, one wants to be there at least 15 minutes early - 30 if there's a caterer who's serving breakfast. Arriving right at call time is considered 'late').

Plus, I have to stop along the way and get coffee so my brain will be working by the time I get there.

I promise I'll be more coherent when I get home.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

NCIS has some talented actors spouting some of the worst dialogue to EVER be uttered on television. I am dumbfounded that this is a Belisarius production given that he is responsible for shows such as "JAG" and "Magnum: PI" which were so entertaining.

But the goth chick in the lab is kind of hot.

Anonymous said...

They used to shoot Melrose Place out in Santa Clarita. They also shot much of the Smashing Pumpkin's classic "1979" video there as well (in fact, they shot it there TWICE as some dumbass camera assistant lost the first batch of film.

Spike said...

Dave2 said: NCIS has ... some of the worst dialogue to EVER be uttered on television. ... But the goth chick in the lab is kind of hot.

Shit yeah.

Peggy Archer said...

I agree with Dave - the show's not nearly as good as it should be.

Christopher - I worked on a show called "Any Day Now" which shot at the same stage as 90210 - they took it over.

Horrible drive for me. Just horrible.