Friday, February 24, 2006

Friday Photo

I'm always going on about color temperature and swearing I'll explain it later, so here's a photo which illustrates everything:


Diner

Note how blue the outside looks. This is because tungsten sources (the interior lights) are much warmer (more orange) than daylight.

You don't usually see this color difference in movies because we match the lights inside and outside so everything looks even.


On a completely unrelated note: I saw Transamerica with a friend last night.

If Felicity Huffman doesn't win the Oscar (tm) for Best Actress, I will personally give a wedgie to the first Acadamy (tm) member I catch.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice shot. Let me guess...is that San Fernando Road out that window ?

Anonymous said...

Thanks Peggy for sharing that example. It had never investigated the art of camera lighting.

Anonymous said...

Ahh, Cadillac Jack's... The guy keeps his snake collection in the back room. We have to move them to light. It sucks.

Milehimama @ Mama Says said...

What if she wins for best Actor? Are we still in Wedgieville then?

Anonymous said...

I wasn't going to see Transamerica, but now I am. So I think I'm correct if a claim that this blog has changed my life (an itty bit).

Anonymous said...

It's wedgie time. Reese Witherspoon was good but my god, Felicity Huffman was GREAT.

It should have been Hoffman & Huffman!!