Monday, February 27, 2006

Of course this was going to happen.

It never fails. Whenever I have something to do that can't (or shouldn't) be rescheduled, someone will call me for work.

This happens so consistently that I'm hesitant to schedule anything in advance anymore - doctor's visits, vacations, car maintenance, tax appointments, dates.

Naturally, since I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow that I don't want to reschedule, I got called for work by a best boy that I've had to turn down the past couple of times he's tried to book me.

Although I hate turning down work, I'm sufficiently desperate to get my feet looked at that I bit the bullet and turned homeboy down again.

Dammit.

Did I mention that if one turns down work too often people will assume that one is never available and stop calling?

Dammit, dammit, dammit.

This podiatrist better be worth it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sucks. Hopefully Best Boy is the understanding type?

Peggy Archer said...

They all say they understand, but then they just don't call.

I understand why - making manpower calls sucks and if someone's consistently unavailable, I'd stop calling them, too.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like something is keeping you from working for them... and maybe for good reason?