Monday, August 22, 2005

No, I'm not crazy. I'm laughing at a conversation you can't hear.

Today, just after lunch, I almost spewed an entire cup of coffee all over one of the medical consultants, who couldn't figure out why I was laughing like a maniac at nothing, but was, in fact, the following conversation - misunderstanding courtesy of the headsets we all wear:

Juicer #1: "Just so everyone knows, there are a bunch of FEV's* in the set cart's top drawer if you want them."

Gaffer: "What if I want something different and exciting?"

Juicer #1: "Well, if you're looking for a good time, call [gives the production office phone number]"

Gaffer: "Don't you ever give out my mother's number over the walkie again."

Juicer #2: "That was your mother? [pause] Damn."

*FEV's are a type of globe for a light. We blew one, didn't have any in the set cart and had to run to the truck while the entire company sat and waited on us. Very bad.

No comments: